American University in Cairo
Egytrans was chosen by the American University in Cairo to help it move from its campus in Tahrir square to the suburb of New Cairo, which was established on an area of 260 acres.
The new headquarters has a capacity of 5500 students and 1500 members of faculty & staff.
Egytrans was selected for its high technical experience in the field of transport solutions and its ability to meet the requirements of the university’s administration.
Handle, pack, install & deliver all AUC’s equipment, furniture, books, labs, general & rare books library from old campus in Tahrir Square to the university’s new campus in New Cairo.
Challenges & Solutions:
- Short timeframe.
- All handling deliveries must move from old to new premises after 8 PM due to traffic regulations.
- Pack & deliver books in coded wooden boxes to be installed in same order when placed in new locations.
- High value of Rare Books Library as it contains a priceless collection of rare manuscripts, some of which are over 200 years old
- Managing a large number of workers, operators, trucks, equipment, etc. on many sites at the same time.
- Lack of delivery facilities & tightness of old Down Town buildings.
Egytrans was able to overcome all of these challenges through teamwork, detailed planning and close coordination with the customer.